Friday, September 12, 2008

W LIED

I saw the title of this post on a vanity license plate as I was driving north on Interstate 5 yesterday afternoon going up to Santa Clarita for a series of church meetings. It was a California license plate on the back of a white Mustang convertible. I didn't see the driver.

At first I was surprised that you could even get such a message on a license plate, but it's really a free speech issue so God Bless America. And then I thought with some disbelief that anyone could be that commited to that particular critique of government that they would want that message permanently attached to their car for years and years in all variety of circumstances.

The most interesting thing to me though was that the car had zero bumper stickers. No other statements for or against any other candidate or issue, just "W LIED."

No comments: