Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm getting married, again.

The historic ruling came at 10 AM, California time, when my husband Peleg was on a plane flying to Boston. I emailed and texted the news to him, and asked if he would marry me. He texted me back when he landed that he would.

Tonight I will be attending a political rally in the street in West Hollywood. The Gay Men's Chorus has been asked to sing. We're going to sing, "Brand New Day." from the Wiz. It's the scene at the beginning of the Wizard of Oz story where the munchkins learn that the Wicked Witch of the East is dead:

Everybody look around
'Cause there's a reason to rejoice you see
Everybody come out
And let's commence to singing joyfully
Everybody look up
And feel the hope that we've been waiting for

Everybody's glad
Because our silent fear and dread is gone
Freedom, you see, has got our hearts singing so joyfully
Just look about
You owe it to yourself to check it out
Can't you feel a brand new day?

full lyrics here.

3 comments:

Lilylou said...

Congratulations, Ricky! I'm so thrilled for you and Peleg and for all our California brothers and sisters who had been hoping for this day.

Lizard Eater said...

Mazel Tov!

ogre said...

My sincere and most heartfelt congratulations!