Tuesday, September 9, 2008

mummy hand

I had my follow-up visit to the doctor who did my wrist surgery two weeks ago. This was my first chance to see beneath the bandages that somebody wrapped me ni while I was still under the anesthesia. Not pretty. The technician thought I might pass out. He kept asking me if I was feeling OK and told me if I was dizzy to lean back against the wall. I had developed a couple of huge blisters at the wound site that were very tender and pink, one on the under side of my wrist, a second on top. He said they might have been an allergic reaction to the bandages or just that the guaze in the splint had been pulled too tight.

The bad news is that the condition of the wound is going to keep me in a splint for another two weeks. The good news is that the x-ray showed the surgery to be very successful, with the bone healing nicely. It feels like I've turned a corner with this saga now.

No comments: