Friday, October 12, 2007

AIDS/LifeCycle

I just registered for the 2008 edition of the AIDS/LifeCycle. Next June I'll ride my bike from San Francisco to Los Angeles raising money for the HIV/AIDS Programs offered by the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center. This will be my fourth ride. I took this year off to run the Marathon (as a fundraiser for a different Los Angeles AIDS service center) but I did the AIDS LIfe/Cycle each of the previous three years (2004, 2005, and 2006).

The first year the ride was about mastering a physical challenge and also an emotional catharsis of mourning the many friends of mine who had died from AIDS years earlier. The second year was about giving back to the ride by serving as a training ride leader in appreciation of those who had so generously helped me the year before. The third year I bought a new bike and made the ride strictly about the joy of cycling, and the fun of the event itself.

This year I will again serve as a training ride leader and now I have several friends who have agreed to do the ride with me for their first time. training for the ride kicks off October 27.

I'd love to have your support. Donate to my ride by clicking here.

No comments: