Wednesday, February 27, 2008

back on bike

I finally got back on my bike yesterday. I'm supposed to be training for the AIDS/LifeCycle again this year, but with rainy weather and a lot of weekend commitments the last few months I haven't been out riding in nearly two months.

But yesterday was gorgeous and I suddenly found myself with two free hours in the middle of the afternoon. I rode the bike into Griffith Park and did a loop up behind the gold course, which is a small hill, and then down the other side of the hill and back on the bike path that goes beside the LA river. About 12 miles, I'd say.

It felt really good to be out in the air and the sun. And cycling is a major part of my spiritual practice so I'm really looking forward to getting disciplined about it again.

If you'd like to donate to my AIDS/LifeCycle ride I'd sure appreciate it. I need to raise $2500. The money goes to HIV/AIDS services provided by the Gay and Lesbian Center in Los Angeles. The ride itself is a 7-day ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles the first week of June. Here's the link to my donation page:

http://www.aidslifecycle.org/5535

No comments: